THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!
Speaking Topics: Lianna enjoys working with event coordinators to customize her talks within the scope of her research. Below is a list of the most requested topics.
PRACTICAL PARKINSON’S CAREGIVING
Drawing on firsthand experience, her training as a nurse, and the many stories of others she has helped and counseled over the years, Lianna shares her wisdom and advice―practical and emotional. Topics will include how to plan for Parkinson’s, the best tools to help your loved one get moving, and keys to making life easier for someone with the disease.
In this talk, you will discover:
- What to expect as a Parkinson’s caregiver and how you can plan for this unpredictable disease.
- Three keys to making life easier for someone with Parkinson’s.
- The most common mistake in medication management, and why you need to avoid this at all costs.
- Do’s and don’ts of caring for someone with Parkinson’s.
- The best tools to help your loved one get moving.
- What you should know about the common medications prescribed for people with Parkinson’s and how to help your loved one get the most out of them.
ADVANCED PARKINSON’S CAREGIVING
Join Lianna for the next level in Parkinson’s caregiving, where she dives deeper into topics that those facing late stage Parkinson’s face
In this talk, Marie uses research, stories, and examples to explore:
- How to make difficult care decisions
- What to do when you’re isolated and have no help to care for your loved one
- Tips on dealing with cognitive decline and Parkinson’s dementia
- Practical ways to care for yourself while you’re caring for your spouse with PD
- Tools for living with late-stage Parkinson’s including how to manage sleep difficulties, pain issues, hallucinations, and more